May 25, 2019
The long waited Terraform 0.12 is here !
Terraform 0.12 is a major update that includes dozens of improvements and features spanning the breadth and depth of Terraform functionality.
Some highlights of this release include:
- First-class expression syntax: express references and expressions directly rather than using string interpolation syntax.
- Generalized type system: use lists and maps more freely, and use resources as object values.
- Iteration constructs: transform and filter one collection into another collection, and generate nested configuration blocks from collections.
- Structural rendering of plans: plan output now looks more like configuration making it easier to understand.
- Context-rich error messages: error messages now include a highlighted snippet of configuration and often suggest exactly what needs to be changed to resolve them.
The full release changelog can be found here.
- ← Prepare MacOS for interacting with AWS EKS
- AWS Announce the new and first AWS Middle East (Bahrain) Region →